August is upon us and our Summer bounty is in full swing! This means fresh fruits and vegetables for every meal - gladly gathered around family, friends and community members alike.
This week we're excited to welcome melons, green and orange fleshed, to the farm stands. Along with Pennsylvania peaches, Vermont plums and Upper Valley blueberries our tummies are full of sweet fruit! For veggies, we're welcoming fresh red and yellow onions and a variety of peppers. And of course, we're reveling in the season of sweet corn!
This weekend, Friday 8/3, Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 we will be offering a Special Tomato Sale, both in Post Mills and Norwich! Come on in and buy 5 lbs. or more of our Big Red Tomatoes and pay $3.00 per pound!! This is the perfect opportunity for canning, freezing or prepping for large parties.
Lastly, check out the recipe below for a Crossroad Farm Frittata. Sarah and Kathleen in Norwich crafted this up for Saturday morning samples; it's just perfect for a quick, easy, fresh and local meal! All ingredients can be found at our farm stands!
Produce Available at our Farm Stands:
- Beets - chioggia, gold & red
- Cabbage - green, red, savoy
- Cauliflower - cheddar, romanesco, white, purple occasionally
- Cucumbers - pickling, slicing
- Fresh Onions - red, sweet & sweet
- Green & Yellow Beans
- Green & Purple Peppers
- Herbs - Basil, Chives, Cilantro, Dill, Parsley, Mint & more
- Hot Peppers - mixed variety
- Kale - green, red & lacinato
- Lazy Lettuce
- Lettuce Heads - 5 Varieties
- Melon - green & orange fleshed
- Mesclun Mix
- Potatoes - white, gold, reds, blues, fingerlings
- Spicy Mix
- Summer Squash
- Tomatoes - big red, cherry & heirlooms
- Zucchini - green & costata romanesco
- Colored Sweet Peppers - red & yellow
Specialty & Local Items Available as well - a few include:
- Fruit - apricots, blueberries, peaches, plums & raspberries (may vary between Norwich & Post Mills)
- Maplebrook Mozzarella
- Red Hen Bread - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday